Project Access Paraeducator Bootcamp
The Project Access Paraeducator Autism Bootcamp provides paraprofessionals in Missouri a systematic way to dive into the world of autism education. We have created learning modules that will take you through understanding autism, and fundamental and evidence-based practices associated with autism intervention.
This workshop is “meta-workshop” that is made up of 3 of our regular workshops that we offer individually, namely,
- Autism 101: Characteristics of Autism. This covers basic characteristics of learners with autism to give some insights into specific challenges and gifts that this population presents with that will help with understanding). It will take about 2 hours.
- PARA 101. This is a big workshop that will take about a day to complete. It includes information about basic procedures that need to be mastered by special education staff: prompting, reinforcement, modeling, video modeling, writing smart goals, and collecting data. It will take about 4 hours to complete.
- Behavior 101 for Paraeducators. This includes information about behavior management strategies. It will take about 2 hours.
- Show Me the Data (this is optional). It includes information about data collection strategies and tools. It takes about 3 hours to complete.
Some of this material will be review for some of you. Some of you may have recently completed one or more of these individual workshops. In this case notify us, and we will mark you complete in the Blackboard system for those components.
Other important details:
- Once registered, you will have 90 days to complete the course.
- This workshop is free.
- It takes about 10 hours to complete in its entirety.
- Content is recorded and delivered asynchronously, meaning you can work on it anytime, anywhere. There are assignments that are uploaded and reviewed for feedback by our autism resource specialists.
- This course is not currently offered for any college credit but we hope to offer this soon.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, click the link below to register.