Project ACCESS offers resources to school district personnel who serve students with autism and related developmental disabilities.
Following are some links we hope you find helpful and we will continue to add:
Official Information and Resources
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - Special Education
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Missouri Autism Guidelines Initiative
- National Professional Development Center- Evidence-Based Practices
- Autism Focused Intervention Resources and Modules (AFIRM)
- OCALI Autism Internet Modules (AIM)
- The Autism Helper- Sasha Long
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- Executive Functioning in online environments
- Control Alt Achieve list of Chrome Extensions for Struggling Students and Special Needs
- Distance Education with Canva; "With school closures around the world, Canva is supporting teachers, parents, and students when it comes to adapting to distance learning. We already have thousands of free templates and resources that you can use to plan lessons and keep students engaged and empowered."
- Missouri Department of Social Services - Missouri Services Navigator ("this resource offers instant access to available programs and services such as school meal programs for students, food banks, child care, diaper banks, counseling and organizations that assist with housing, transportation or utilities issues. There are currently over 2,000 services listed, with new services added daily. Users can search by keyword, location and/or service. Every program and service contains a map of the location as well as contact information").
- The Arc of the Ozarks
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI) - Resource Gallery of Interventions
- Social Thinking free emotional support strategies for home
Resources en español:
- 10 maneras de controlar los síntomas respiratorios en el hogar
- Inforamación de COVID-19 Por y Para Personas con Discpacidades
- Resumen seminal de Understood: Recursos e información sobre el coronavirus
- Apoyando los Individuos con el Autismo en Tiempos Inciertos
- Autism Science Foundation - Recursos En Español
- OCALI - Narrativas Sociales Para Apoyar a Las Familias Durante COVID-19
Helplines and hotlines
National Parent Helpline: 1-855-427-2736 (1-855-4A PARENT)
24 Hour Parent Helpline: 1-888-435-7553
National Crisis Hotline: 1-800-448-3000
Follow the rotating banner links below to access our resources. In addition, you are invited to join us using social media, to peruse our curated list of web resources for educators, families, and special links from the Missouri State Department of Education, and to learn more about autism evidence-based interventions.
The Project ACCESS Autism Helpline is a place to share ideas, discuss issues, and generate solutions. Use it to connect with educators and experts across the state of Missouri and obtain - or provide - answers and share information.
Project ACCESS publishes fact sheets on popular topics in education of students on the autism spectrum.
Use these forms to evaluate your district’s autism program or set up an exemplary program.
Project ACCESS maintains a database of suggested titles that are topical and highly rated.
The Missouri Autism Guidelines Initiative is a statewide effort. One of the products is a guide on evidence-based autism interventions helpful to educators.