Consultations by Project ACCESS
Project ACCESS continues to provide autism specific consultations to school districts in Missouri.
Project ACCESS offers in-person consultations and encrypted Zoom meeting consultations or a combination of both. These will involve a Project ACCESS Autism Resource Specialist/BCBA visiting your district in-person or virtually and working with staff. The consultation process generally will need to be completed in multiple phases/visits or Zoom meetings.
What type of consultations are offered?
This is a list of typical service and support requests for which we provide consultation services.
- Training multidisciplinary teams to do autism eligibility determinations
- Planning, setting up, and evaluating district or building autism programs
- Structuring classrooms and arranging educational supports (classroom visuals among others)
- Utilizing function-based strategies and evidence-based practices for specific programming needs
- Managing behavioral challenges (see our FBA consult and training model under training in addition to our consultations)
- Staffing autism programs including incorporating teacher-para-related service provider teams.
How much does it cost?
If we can fit your request into our schedule, then there is no fee for services. Districts may need to provide some materials at their own expense in order to acheive training goals. Occasionally Project ACCESS utilizes a cadre of vetted consultants in order to keep up demand for services. When demand exeeds our ability to provide services, we may employ the aid of one of these contracted services providers. In this case, there is a fee of $450 plus travel expenses.
What does the process look like?
School districts interested in a consultation will fill out a consultation request form to begin the process. Project ACCESS staff will review the form and contact the school to create a plan based on the district's needs.
How do I start a consultation request?
To begin the consultation request process, click on the button below:
If you prefer, you may call Project ACCESS at 417-836-6657 or toll-free at 866-481-3841 and we will work with you to gather the form information.